Joan Rivers Escorted Out of Costco By Police After Unauthorized Protest (VIDEO)
10:48 pm, August 7th, 2012VIDEO
Joan Rivers was escorted out of a California Costco by police on Tuesday, after staging an unofficial protest against the store while inside.
The comedian, upset that the massive retailer refused to sell her new book, I Hate Everyone … Starting with Me, because of its controversial content, went to the company’s Burbank store armed with several copies of and a megaphone.
Rivers reportedly signed copies for excited customers until the store called the cops.
After leaving the property, Rivers spoke to the local ABC affiliate via phone, to explain why she was protesting.
“Costco, who sells condoms by the pallet, who sells Paula Deen books and – which is not good for their customers’ health – they decided to ban my book,” she said, adding, “This is a First Amendment violation.”
She continued, “This is a store that sells 300 rolls of toilet paper at the same time, and I say any customer that buys 300 rolls of toilet paper deserves a funny book to sit on the toilet and read.”
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Rivers for more information, but has yet to hear back.
Check out footage below from Rivers’ protest, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired