Joan Jett Removed From South Dakota Float at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade After Ranchers Protest Vegetarian Rocker
5:10 pm, November 16th, 2013
Joan Jett has been forced to abandon plans to appear on South Dakota’s float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade after the state’s ranchers protested the vegetarian rocker, who has condemned livestock farming and is involved with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
On Saturday, Jett announced, “I’ve decided to switch from South Dakota to another float because people’s political agendas were getting in the way of what should be a purely entertainment driven event.”
She added, “I will remain focused on entertaining the millions of people watching, who will be celebrating a great American tradition.”
It’s expected that she will be moved to another float, although specifics have not been disclosed.
Jett’s outspoken criticism of factory farming and ranching had drawn the ire of the South Dakota Cattlemen’s Association, which expressed concern about her representing the state at the parade.
Another performer will take her place.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z