It’s Official: J.J. Abrams Doing Star Wars
11:30 am, January 26th, 2013
It’s official: J.J. Abrams will direct the next Star Wars.
Disney confirmed the poorly-kept secret late Friday.
“I’ve consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller,” said Star Wars creator George Lucas. “He’s an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn’t be in better hands.”
In a statement, Abrams said, “To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with [Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy] and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor.”
“I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid,” he added.
Star Wars: Episode VII has been rumored for a 2015 release date, but Abrams is reportedly not committed to that timetable.
His Star Trek Into Darkness will open in May (see trailer here).
What do you think about Abrams getting Star Wars?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- Photos of Nicki Minaj Suggest Plastic Surgery