Jimmy Kimmel In Playboy: “I Don’t Believe Jay Leno Has Actual Feelings”
6:32 pm, February 14th, 2013
In a new interview with Playboy, Kimmel once again lays into his fellow late-night talk show host, acknowledging that the “Tonight Show” star is “not just a smart politician but also a smart guy,” but explaining why he’s not shy about slamming him.
“I always feel bad if I hurt anybody’s feelings, but I don’t believe Jay Leno has actual feelings, and he doesn’t seem to be that worried about other people’s feelings,” says Kimmel.
Back in 2010, Kimmel did an entire broadcast while imitating Leno — complete with prosthetics and a wig.
“I can do a pretty good Leno imitation,” says Kimmel. “It was a lot of fun to be him — also much easier, particularly in constructing ‘his’ monologue for that night.”
Shortly thereafter, Kimmel appeared on Leno’s ill-fated 10 p.m. show, where he infamously mocked the host to his face during a satellite interview that Kimmel kept bringing back to Leno’s controversial replacement of Conan O’Brien as “Tonight Show” host.
Kimmel recalls, “That was thrilling — it really was — and also kind of dangerous, because I realized he wanted to communicate to America that it was all just a friendly joke. That was the perception Leno clearly wanted out there.”
“The more I thought about it the madder it made me. I didn’t want him to just get away scot-free with what was happening all over again,” explains Kimmel.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?