WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel’s Tearful Tribute to Uncle Frank
8:41 am, September 7th, 2011VIDEO
Jimmy Kimmel tearfully paid tribute to his Uncle Frank last night, choking up as he said farewell to the longtime “Jimmy Kimmel Live” fixture with a hilarious and touching montage of the late Frank Potenza‘s greatest moments.
Everyone’s favorite late-night TV uncle passed away last month, while Kimmel was on vacation.
On his first night back, Kimmel warned the audience that he’d probably cry – and he did – while discussing the beloved Frank, who’d been a major part of his nephew’s show since its 2003 debut.
“Uncle Frank loved being a part of this show. And I want to say thanks to my co-workers who talked to him and visited him and picked him up 12 hours early for work,” said Kimmel. “And thanks to all of you who came to the show and watched, for indulging me and letting me put my crazy uncle on television.”
Don Rickles, a Frank favorite, was the night’s guest.
Check out the genuinely touching video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- Snoop Lion Changes His Name Again
- Michelle Duggar Is "Trying" For Baby No. 20