Fallon, Kimmel Planning Late Night Shows From New York Despite Hurricane Sandy
10:20 am, October 29th, 2012
UPDATE: Jimmy Kimmel has since announced the cancellation of Monday’s broadcast due to Hurricane Sandy.
Both late night stars have said they still plan to tape new episodes of their respective shows on Monday, with Fallon filming in Manhattan and Kimmel in Brooklyn.
For Kimmel, Monday marks the start of a week-long stint in his native borough, a long-planned and highly-promoted change from his usual West Coast-based broadcast.
“Starting to get windy here in #Brooklyn…I hope our shows don’t fly away,” Kimmel tweeted on Sunday.
Fallon wrote on Twitter Sunday evening, “We will be doing a new show tomorrow night no matter what. #LateNight”
“The Late Show with David Letterman” is also reportedly planning to do a new show from the city, too.
It’s unclear, however, which of the hosts’ scheduled guests — which include Kelly Ripa, Howard Stern and Denzel Washington — will still be able to participate in the shows.
Other productions in Manhattan have already shut down, including “Gossip Girl,” “Blue Bloods” and “The Good Wife.”
Much of Broadway has gone dark as well, and the Anna Karenina movie premiere set for Tuesday night has been postponed.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails