Fallon, Kimmel Planning Late Night Shows From New York Despite Hurricane Sandy
10:20 am, October 29th, 2012
UPDATE: Jimmy Kimmel has since announced the cancellation of Monday’s broadcast due to Hurricane Sandy.
Both late night stars have said they still plan to tape new episodes of their respective shows on Monday, with Fallon filming in Manhattan and Kimmel in Brooklyn.
For Kimmel, Monday marks the start of a week-long stint in his native borough, a long-planned and highly-promoted change from his usual West Coast-based broadcast.
“Starting to get windy here in #Brooklyn…I hope our shows don’t fly away,” Kimmel tweeted on Sunday.
Fallon wrote on Twitter Sunday evening, “We will be doing a new show tomorrow night no matter what. #LateNight”
“The Late Show with David Letterman” is also reportedly planning to do a new show from the city, too.
It’s unclear, however, which of the hosts’ scheduled guests — which include Kelly Ripa, Howard Stern and Denzel Washington — will still be able to participate in the shows.
Other productions in Manhattan have already shut down, including “Gossip Girl,” “Blue Bloods” and “The Good Wife.”
Much of Broadway has gone dark as well, and the Anna Karenina movie premiere set for Tuesday night has been postponed.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents