Jim Nabors, “Gomer Pyle” Star, Marries Longtime Male Partner
9:47 am, January 30th, 2013
Jim Nabors, best known as TV’s “Gomer Pyle,” married his companion of 38 years, Stan Cadwallader, in Seattle earlier this month.
The couple wed in a hotel room with friends serving as witnesses.
“I’m 82 and he’s in his 60s and so we’ve been together for 38 years and I’m not ashamed of people knowing, it’s just that it was such a personal thing, I didn’t tell anybody,” Nabors explained in an interview with Hawaii News Now.
He added, “I’m very happy that I’ve had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I’m just very happy.”
Nabors’ sexuality was an open secret for decades, but he never discussed it in the media.
“This is really no big deal. My friend and I, my partner, we went through all of this 38 years ago,” said Nabors. “So I mean, we made our vows and that was it. It was to each other, but nevertheless, we were a couple.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank