Jim Nabors, “Gomer Pyle” Star, Marries Longtime Male Partner
9:47 am, January 30th, 2013
Jim Nabors, best known as TV’s “Gomer Pyle,” married his companion of 38 years, Stan Cadwallader, in Seattle earlier this month.
The couple wed in a hotel room with friends serving as witnesses.
“I’m 82 and he’s in his 60s and so we’ve been together for 38 years and I’m not ashamed of people knowing, it’s just that it was such a personal thing, I didn’t tell anybody,” Nabors explained in an interview with Hawaii News Now.
He added, “I’m very happy that I’ve had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I’m just very happy.”
Nabors’ sexuality was an open secret for decades, but he never discussed it in the media.
“This is really no big deal. My friend and I, my partner, we went through all of this 38 years ago,” said Nabors. “So I mean, we made our vows and that was it. It was to each other, but nevertheless, we were a couple.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'