Jim Carrey Slams “Level of Violence” in His Film Kick-Ass 2 After Sandy Hook Tragedy
6:25 pm, June 23rd, 2013VIDEO
Jim Carrey is slamming his upcoming film, Kick-Ass 2.
The actor, who plays a baseball and gun-wielding vigilante in the super violent film (video below), tweeted on Sunday, “I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence.”
He added, “my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”
RED BAND TRAILER BELOW
Carrey stars alongside Aaron Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz in the sequel of the comic book adaptation.
Kick-Ass 2 is slated for release on August 16.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet