Jim Carrey Slams “Level of Violence” in His Film Kick-Ass 2 After Sandy Hook Tragedy
6:25 pm, June 23rd, 2013VIDEO
Jim Carrey is slamming his upcoming film, Kick-Ass 2.
The actor, who plays a baseball and gun-wielding vigilante in the super violent film (video below), tweeted on Sunday, “I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence.”
He added, “my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”
RED BAND TRAILER BELOW
Carrey stars alongside Aaron Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz in the sequel of the comic book adaptation.
Kick-Ass 2 is slated for release on August 16.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles