Jim Carrey Slams “Level of Violence” in His Film Kick-Ass 2 After Sandy Hook Tragedy
6:25 pm, June 23rd, 2013VIDEO
Jim Carrey is slamming his upcoming film, Kick-Ass 2.
The actor, who plays a baseball and gun-wielding vigilante in the super violent film (video below), tweeted on Sunday, “I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence.”
He added, “my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”
RED BAND TRAILER BELOW
Carrey stars alongside Aaron Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz in the sequel of the comic book adaptation.
Kick-Ass 2 is slated for release on August 16.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her