CLAIM: Weight Watchers “Livid” Over Jessica Simpson’s Reported Pregnancy
2:28 pm, December 5th, 2012
A so-called “source” for the mag alleges, “They’re furious with Jessica,” explaining, “She was already on thin ice with them since she didn’t lose enough [weight] for the first ad, when they had to shoot her from the waist up.”
Now, the tab says Weight Watchers “may not air” Simpson’s second ad showing off her 70-pound weight loss.
The purported “insider” notes, “They don’t think it can run. No one wants to hear about a pregnant woman dieting.”
And that’s not all.
Us Weekly’s source goes on to add that Simpson’s lucrative endorsement deal with the company is in danger because of her rumored pregnancy.
“There’s a chance they won’t pay her the whole $4 million,” says the outlet’s “insider.”
That’s funny… because Gossip Cop received a statement from Weight Watchers which completely contradicts the mag’s story.
The company tells us, “What Us Weekly is reporting about our relationship with Jessica is untrue,” saying, “There have been no changes to our contract with Jessica and we have a great relationship with her.”
Weight Watchers adds, “We’re thrilled with the ads we shot with her in November and we can’t wait to launch our winter campaign later this month, which will include Jessica.”
Once again, Us Weekly is slim on the facts in its reporting about Simpson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage