CLAIM: Weight Watchers “Livid” Over Jessica Simpson’s Reported Pregnancy
2:28 pm, December 5th, 2012
A so-called “source” for the mag alleges, “They’re furious with Jessica,” explaining, “She was already on thin ice with them since she didn’t lose enough [weight] for the first ad, when they had to shoot her from the waist up.”
Now, the tab says Weight Watchers “may not air” Simpson’s second ad showing off her 70-pound weight loss.
The purported “insider” notes, “They don’t think it can run. No one wants to hear about a pregnant woman dieting.”
And that’s not all.
Us Weekly’s source goes on to add that Simpson’s lucrative endorsement deal with the company is in danger because of her rumored pregnancy.
“There’s a chance they won’t pay her the whole $4 million,” says the outlet’s “insider.”
That’s funny… because Gossip Cop received a statement from Weight Watchers which completely contradicts the mag’s story.
The company tells us, “What Us Weekly is reporting about our relationship with Jessica is untrue,” saying, “There have been no changes to our contract with Jessica and we have a great relationship with her.”
Weight Watchers adds, “We’re thrilled with the ads we shot with her in November and we can’t wait to launch our winter campaign later this month, which will include Jessica.”
Once again, Us Weekly is slim on the facts in its reporting about Simpson.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"