“Awkward” Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo rumor is wrong
2:30 pm, May 3rd, 2010
“Awkward Encounter! Jessica Simpson & Tony Romo Were Both At The White House — And He Brought The Girl He Dumped Her For!” screams a headline on HollywoodLife, which spends more time typing exclamation points than it does fact-checking.
Before we do the full bust of this story, let’s just examine the headline.
First mistake: Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson did not run into each other at the White House.
They saw each other at the Vanity Fair/Bloomberg after-party at the French Ambassador’s residence.
Second mistake: Romo didn’t dump Simpson for current girlfriend Candice Crawford.
The Cowboys QB began dating Crawford, sister of “Gossip Girl” star Chace Crawford, some time after he and Simpson split.
Now to the rest of the post…
HollywoodLife writes, “Considering Tony & Jessica’s history, there HAD to have been some awkwardness between these two correspondents Saturday night!”
There “HAD to have been”?
Nice conjecture, but not consistent with reality.
Simpson and Romo are still friends, and an eyewitness at the event tells Gossip Cop that the encounter at the Vanity Fair/Bloomberg party (again, not at the White House), was “cordial” and “very nice.”
Once again, Gossip Cop intercepts a bad Tony Romo-Jessica Simpson rumor.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles