Jessica Simpson “Taking Legal Action” Against Star For Claiming Fiance “Cheats”
4:23 pm, October 3rd, 2012
According to the tabloid, Johnson was “caught” messing around with his ex-wife Keri.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, the mag says Johnson was “sleeping with both” Simpson and Keri at the same time, and “he’ll most likely do it again.”
But more importantly, and we exclusively noted, the Star story is completely untrue.
Now, a Simpson insider tells us that she and Johnson are “taking legal action” because they have “had enough of this tabloid defaming them.”
As Gossip Cop previously noted, Star has been repeatedly wrong about Simpson and Johnson’s relationship, falsely claiming last December that her dad Joe was demanding a “shotgun wedding;” inaccurately alleging that her mom Tina was warring with Johnson over the couple’s baby Maxwell; pushing a bogus “diet disaster” narrative for weeks; and publishing an untrue report about Simpson allegedly telling everyone about her “X-rated romps” with Johnson.
The magazine also recently fabricated new pregnancy rumors about Simpson.
Gossip Cop reached out to an attorney for Star who only offered, “No comment.”
Earlier on Wednesday, the tabloid issued an apology to Nicolas Cage after wrongly claiming he “stalked” Vanessa Hudgens, his co-star in The Frozen Ground.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court