Jessica Simpson’s Dad Demanding Shotgun Wedding?
6:05 pm, December 14th, 2011
An “insider” for the tabloid says Joe Simpson, a Baptist minister, is “very upset Jess would want to have a child out of wedlock,” and is “trying his best to convince her how important it is to him and her mother that she get married before bringing a child into the world.”
Simpson’s dad is allegedly “pleading with Jessica non-stop” to let him officiate a “small backyard ceremony” like he did for Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz in 2008, one week before the younger Simpson announced her pregnancy.
The mag’s so-called insider says Joe will “keep pushing Jess to let him marry her and Eric right up until the day she gives birth in the spring,” and that his interference in her wedding plans is putting an awful “damper” on Simpson’s baby joy.
Of course, this is the same publication that wrongly reported Simpson was starving herself to get thin for her nuptials; paying Johnson to marry her; and that she stole him from his previous wife, so it’s a bit difficult for Gossip Cop to believe anything they claim to know about the singer-actress.
Regardless, we checked in with a source close to the family, who tells us no one is trying to interfere in Simpson’s wedding plans, which are still slated for after she gives birth.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre