MAG: Jessica Simpson Wedding “On Hold” Because Eric Johnson Refuses Prenup
10:50 am, November 9th, 2011
The mag says Johnson “had agreed to a prenuptial agreement,” but is now “backing out and insisting on an equal share of her fortune.”
According to a so-called “source” for the tab, “Eric knows how important it was to her to be married before the baby was born. She wanted to rush to wedding so that her child wouldn’t be born out of wedlock, and she wouldn’t walk down the aisle with a massive bump.”
“He’s basically using that as a bargaining chip,” alleges the purported insider.
Simpson is considering giving into Johnson’s supposed demands, says OK!, because she’s “a softy at heart” and “doesn’t want to mess up the relationship with Eric.”
Actually, it’s the reporting at OK! that’s soft.
While it’s true the couple drafted a prenup, as Gossip Cop has reported from day one, Simpson and Johnson never had a wedding date set, and so there’s no marriage ceremony from which Johnson is “backing out.”
We’re told both sides are — and have been — on the same page when it comes to the prenup.
A source close to Simpson further tells us, “There was never a wedding date officially set, and now they have decided to put the planning on hold until the baby is here.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement