CLAIM: Jessica Simpson “Rejected For Lap Band Surgery Twice!”
2:56 pm, September 28th, 2012
“Jessica Simpson was rejected for lap band surgery TWICE!” blares a headline from RadarOnline, which claims the “Fashion Star” mentor was “so desperate at one point to get back in shape” that she attempted to go under the knife.
The webloid, whose sister publications, the National Enquirer and Star, wrongly reported Simpson was planning to get liposuction, quotes a supposed “close friend” of the singer as saying, “After having her daughter Maxwell, Jessica felt there was no way she could ever lose the weight on her own.”
According to this alleged pal, Simpson therefore “sought out a quick surgical fix — lap band surgery,” which consists of a device inserted around the stomach to limit food intake.
However, the site’s “source” alleges that, “after seeking out two different doctors for opinions,” Simpson “was persuaded to keep pushing to do it the natural way.”
Simpson had a deal with Weight Watchers to lose her pregnancy pounds even before Maxwell was born — she was NEVER considering plastic surgery.
Moreover, lap band surgery tends to be a last-resort option for obese individuals — not for people like Simpson, who simply want to return to their pre-baby weight.
Simpson has worked extremely hard to shed her pregnancy pounds — the natural way.
In any case, a source close to the singer tells Gossip Cop the site’s surgery story is completely false, calling the claims “insane.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage