Jessica Simpson on Katie: I’ve Lost 40 Pounds, “Try to Avoid” the Tabloids
4:23 pm, September 10th, 2012VIDEO
Jessica Simpson can’t stand the tabloids’ fat lies.
Appearing on Monday’s “Katie” premiere, Simpson said she doesn’t read gossip magazines, and also notes that she “definitely” doesn’t Google her name.
“I try to avoid [the speculation] completely,” Simpson said, “But I still subconsciously know that the talk is going on.”
She added, “So every day that is definitely a struggle for me… They try to put that pressure on you.”
And while Simpson said she “understands” that the fixation on her weight helps “sell magazines,” she joked, “I wish I could get a cut.”
The “Fashion Star” mentor, who is now a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, declined to reveal how much weight she’s lost since giving birth to daughter Maxwell in May, only saying she’s shed at least 40 pounds.
“It’s really not about the numbers. I’ve lost enough weight where I can pat myself on the back,” she said, adding jokingly that the amount equaled “a small child!”
Simpson credited her transformation to reforming her diet and exercise habits, including giving up “slutty brownies” and cutting down on Velveeta.
But with breastfeeding, she said, “I’ve never wanted more chocolate in my life!”
Perhaps most importantly, Simpson said she’s learned how important it is to give herself some TLC.
“The biggest lesson is to be kind to myself, and to be gentle with myself, and to keep reminding myself that it is a process,” she said.
Simpson also premiered her first Weight Watchers ad on the talk show.
Watch the commercial below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?