CLAIM: Jessica Simpson is “Drinking to Destruction”
2:12 am, February 3rd, 2011
“Jessica Drinking to Destruction,” reads the headline of a Star magazine story about Jessica Simpson that goes on to say she’s “trapped in a poisonous cycle of booze binges.”
Basically, the tab takes a January 24 incident – when Simpson was overserved at the L.A. restaurant Katsuya – and uses it to claim, “Jessica is drinking way too much… and the worst thing is, she doesn’t see anything wrong with it.”
According to Star, “As her multimillion-dollar fashion lines have taken off, Jessica’s workload has increased – and with it, her drinking.”
The mag writes, “Mimosas at breakfast are often followed by margaritas at lunch and a bottle of wine at dinner.”
“Jessica’s binges have her family and friends so worried,” says Star, they’re currently “brainstorming about how to get her the help she needs.”
Yes, it’s true Simpson was tipsy on January 24, a day in which celebrated an earlier photoshoot with drinks at Katsuya. However, taking that one incident to assert she’s “drinking to destruction” and “trapped in a poisonous cycle” is a GIANT exaggeration.
A source close to Simpson tells Gossip Cop that it’s “completely untrue” she drinks all day and goes on “binges” which have her family and friends “worried.”
“She had a few drinks that night – after a long day – but everything else,” assures our insider, “is totally overblown.”
Star, of course, is the same tabloid that reported Simpson was writing a $5 million tell-all about John Mayer, Nick Lachey and Tony Romo; that she got “touchy-feely” with Tiger Woods; and that she was dating “Friday Night Lights” star Taylor Kitsch, who she had never even met.
Actually, the real question should be what are they drinking in the Star magazine offices?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?