OK! Mag’s Jessica Simpson “Baby” Cover is Absurd
1:56 pm, July 7th, 2010
OK! has gone baby crazy.
The same publication that once claimed Tom Cruise was set to pay Katie Holmes $75 million for a second child and (wrongly) insisted… and insisted … and insisted that Jennifer Aniston was set to become a mom is back with more baby blather.
According to OK!‘s cover, a baby for Jessica Simpson has been “confirmed.” “Finally, A Baby For Jess” screams both the cover and the story’s headline.
So what makes the tabloid’s crack team of obstetricians — consistently wrong in the past — convinced that Simpson is expecting?
The actress showed off a “fuller-figured look” at a “July 4″ Greenbrier Casino Club gala, observes the magazine, which can’t even get the event’s date right (it was July 2).
OK! cites a doctor (who hasn’t treated Simpson) as saying that her tummy and facial features are typical of a woman “in her 10th to 12th week of pregnancy.”
Plus, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz told Redbook last October that her big sister wants a baby.
She’s working out and dieting regularly (which, as everyone knows, never happens unless the goal is pregnancy) and has “thrown herself into expanding her booming fashion empire” (which, as everyone knows, is what women do during the first trimester).
OK! explains that Simpson is doing more design work because it allows her to stay home.
Apparently, it never occurs to the magazine that she just likes designing.
Of course, it also never occurs to OK! that someone might actually check to see whether Simpson is expecting a baby.
Gossip Cop did — and she’s not. A rep for Simpson tells us the story is “absurd and not true at all.”
The only thing OK!‘s cover “confirmed” is the tab’s laughable track record.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?