Has Jessica Simpson Given Birth?
11:35 am, April 5th, 2012
Jessica Simpson has given birth, the new OK! magazine cover implies.
The tabloid, which has a long and not-so-proud history of putting bogus Simpson stories on its cover, goes into full-on bait-and-switch mode this week, plastering the words “My First Days As a New Mom” over a photo of the (still-expectant) star.
OK! promises “exclusive details” and claims, “The star opens up about her beautiful girl.”
Except, um, the “beautiful girl” has not been born.
As for the article itself, the magazine writes that Simpson “has longed for a baby her whole life — and now that blessed event is finally here!”
Uh, if by “blessed event” OK! means pregnancy, the tab is about eight months late.
And if the tabloid means birth, it’s still weeks early.
Most of the cover “story” amounts to rehashed, generic quotes about Simpson’s excitement about becoming a mother, plus some unsubstantiated speculation about her “dream nursery” and post-pregnancy fitness plans.
There’s nothing “exclusive” or newsworthy — just a completely shameless cover image.
Had Simpson actually gone into labor before the magazine hit newsstands, OK! would look like insiders.
Instead, they just look like clowns.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Austin Mahone Breaking More Hearts Than Bieber
- Most Shocking Celeb Social Media Confessions