‘Jersey Shore’ Gets Tax Credit Yanked
9:34 am, September 27th, 2011
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has blocked a $420,000 tax credit for the producers of “Jersey Shore” to film the hit MTV series in his state.
After the Economic Development Authority (EDA) approved the Snooki & Co. subsidy last week, Christie stepped in to stop it, explaining that he was “duty-bound” to ensure that taxpayers are “not footing a $420,000 bill for a project which does nothing more than perpetuate misconceptions about the state and its citizens.”
In a letter to the EDA, Christie argued against picking up the tab for “Jersey Shore” in “this difficult fiscal climate,” and said it “illustrates the potential for wasteful spending” in the tax credit program.
So while Christie continues to consider a challenge to Mitt Romney and Rick Perry in the Republican presidential primaries, he’s already dealt a blow to a far more powerful public figure – The Situation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?