“Jersey Shore” Getting a New Cast?
10:39 am, June 24th, 2011
“Jersey Shore” will replace its original cast at the end of Season 5, according to multiple reports.
MTV is said to want new, less expensive talent for its enormous hit.
Snooki, The Situation, Pauly D and the rest of the gang repeatedly negotiated for – and got – higher salaries as the show became a television phenomenon, meaning the network now shells out a lot of cash for the stars.
Season 4, shot in Italy, is slated to begin in August.
The crew has since returned to where it all began – Seaside Heights, NJ – for Season 5, which may be their last hurrah.
Despite strong buzzing about a possible new cast — which could also be a negotiating tactic – MTV tells Gossip Cop: “We love the present cast, and their summer adventures have just begun. We currently have no plans to recast the show.”
Would you like to see some new faces on “Jersey Shore” in upcoming seasons?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Miley Cyrus Snubbed By Lamar Odom
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody