“Jersey Shore” Getting a New Cast?
10:39 am, June 24th, 2011
“Jersey Shore” will replace its original cast at the end of Season 5, according to multiple reports.
MTV is said to want new, less expensive talent for its enormous hit.
Snooki, The Situation, Pauly D and the rest of the gang repeatedly negotiated for – and got – higher salaries as the show became a television phenomenon, meaning the network now shells out a lot of cash for the stars.
Season 4, shot in Italy, is slated to begin in August.
The crew has since returned to where it all began – Seaside Heights, NJ – for Season 5, which may be their last hurrah.
Despite strong buzzing about a possible new cast — which could also be a negotiating tactic – MTV tells Gossip Cop: “We love the present cast, and their summer adventures have just begun. We currently have no plans to recast the show.”
Would you like to see some new faces on “Jersey Shore” in upcoming seasons?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Drake Covers GQ Talks On Chris Brown