Jersey Shore Ending After Six Seasons
12:26 pm, August 30th, 2012
“Jersey Shore” is no more.
MTV is ending the hugely successful reality show after six seasons, the network announced on Thursday.
The series’ final edition recently wrapped shooting, and will premiere on October 4.
MTV is planning a retrospective special called “Gym, Tan, Look Back,” which will air prior to the 2012 Video Music Awards on September 6.
“Jersey Shore” spawned two spinoffs, “Snooki & JWoww” and “The Pauly D Project.”
The series, which introduced the world to self-described guidos and guidettes Snooki, JWoww, The Situation, Pauly D, Vinny Guadagnino, Sammi Giancola, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and later, Deena Cortese, instantly became a pop culture phenomenon when it began in 2009.
How do you feel about “Jersey Shore” coming to an end?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank