Jeremy Renner May “Take Over” for Tom Cruise in ‘Mission: Impossible’
12:52 pm, November 24th, 2010
The actor, who is co-starring with Cruise in Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, the fourth film in the series, told MTV News, “It’s a franchise to potentially take over. I can’t predict what the future holds and what they want, but that’s certainly the idea.”
When asked whether Ghost Protocol‘s script spells out a passing of the torch from Cruise’s Ethan Hunt to his character, Renner answered, “I can’t really go into the details of the script, because that’s still evolving.”
“It’s Tom’s baby. He’s the engine behind the thing,” continued Renner.
He added, “What happens after that, we’ll see.”
Renner was nominated for an Oscar this year for his performance in The Hurt Locker.
Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol, is expected to hit theaters in December 2011. Brad Bird is directing.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'