Jeremy Renner May “Take Over” for Tom Cruise in ‘Mission: Impossible’
12:52 pm, November 24th, 2010
The actor, who is co-starring with Cruise in Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, the fourth film in the series, told MTV News, “It’s a franchise to potentially take over. I can’t predict what the future holds and what they want, but that’s certainly the idea.”
When asked whether Ghost Protocol‘s script spells out a passing of the torch from Cruise’s Ethan Hunt to his character, Renner answered, “I can’t really go into the details of the script, because that’s still evolving.”
“It’s Tom’s baby. He’s the engine behind the thing,” continued Renner.
He added, “What happens after that, we’ll see.”
Renner was nominated for an Oscar this year for his performance in The Hurt Locker.
Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol, is expected to hit theaters in December 2011. Brad Bird is directing.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Elle Fanning Spills Secrets of Sisterhood With Dakota