Jeremy Renner May “Take Over” for Tom Cruise in ‘Mission: Impossible’
12:52 pm, November 24th, 2010
The actor, who is co-starring with Cruise in Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, the fourth film in the series, told MTV News, “It’s a franchise to potentially take over. I can’t predict what the future holds and what they want, but that’s certainly the idea.”
When asked whether Ghost Protocol‘s script spells out a passing of the torch from Cruise’s Ethan Hunt to his character, Renner answered, “I can’t really go into the details of the script, because that’s still evolving.”
“It’s Tom’s baby. He’s the engine behind the thing,” continued Renner.
He added, “What happens after that, we’ll see.”
Renner was nominated for an Oscar this year for his performance in The Hurt Locker.
Mission Impossible — Ghost Protocol, is expected to hit theaters in December 2011. Brad Bird is directing.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents