Jeremy Renner Attacked in Thailand; Friend Stabbed With Axe in Bar Brawl
10:07 am, January 5th, 2012
Jeremy Renner was attacked in a brutal bar fight in Thailand early Thursday morning.
The Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol star was hanging out with friends at Rachada Pub in Phuket when one man in his group, Sri Panwa Resort General Manager Vorasit Issara, accidentally dropped a glass on the floor, inciting the venue’s employees.
Issara then reportedly got into a heated argument with one staffer, before six of the employees allegedly attacked him, Renner and their other friends, with one man slashing Issara in the neck with a homemade rotor axe.
Issara was also stabbed in the stomach with a knife, while Renner reportedly suffered minor injuries.
The six men were arrested after the brawl and charged with attempted murder.
A rep for Renner confirms to Gossip Cop he was at the venue during the fight, but says he was “not involved” in the melee.
He’s in Thailand shooting The Bourne Legacy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Ke$ha's Extremely Sloppy Set Look
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Keith Urban Doesn't Want To Leave Idol
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Photos of Nicki Minaj Suggest Plastic Surgery