Jeremy Renner Attacked in Thailand; Friend Stabbed With Axe in Bar Brawl
10:07 am, January 5th, 2012
Jeremy Renner was attacked in a brutal bar fight in Thailand early Thursday morning.
The Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol star was hanging out with friends at Rachada Pub in Phuket when one man in his group, Sri Panwa Resort General Manager Vorasit Issara, accidentally dropped a glass on the floor, inciting the venue’s employees.
Issara then reportedly got into a heated argument with one staffer, before six of the employees allegedly attacked him, Renner and their other friends, with one man slashing Issara in the neck with a homemade rotor axe.
Issara was also stabbed in the stomach with a knife, while Renner reportedly suffered minor injuries.
The six men were arrested after the brawl and charged with attempted murder.
A rep for Renner confirms to Gossip Cop he was at the venue during the fight, but says he was “not involved” in the melee.
He’s in Thailand shooting The Bourne Legacy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z