Jeremy Renner Attacked in Thailand; Friend Stabbed With Axe in Bar Brawl
10:07 am, January 5th, 2012
Jeremy Renner was attacked in a brutal bar fight in Thailand early Thursday morning.
The Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol star was hanging out with friends at Rachada Pub in Phuket when one man in his group, Sri Panwa Resort General Manager Vorasit Issara, accidentally dropped a glass on the floor, inciting the venue’s employees.
Issara then reportedly got into a heated argument with one staffer, before six of the employees allegedly attacked him, Renner and their other friends, with one man slashing Issara in the neck with a homemade rotor axe.
Issara was also stabbed in the stomach with a knife, while Renner reportedly suffered minor injuries.
The six men were arrested after the brawl and charged with attempted murder.
A rep for Renner confirms to Gossip Cop he was at the venue during the fight, but says he was “not involved” in the melee.
He’s in Thailand shooting The Bourne Legacy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress