Jenny McCarthy’s View Job NOT in “Jeopardy,” Despite Report
5:47 pm, October 14th, 2013EXCLUSIVE
“Jenny McCarthy To Lose ‘The View’ Gig?” asks RadarOnline, which goes on to claim that the “newest co-host of the ABC morning show’s job is in jeopardy because her big mouth is making viewers tune out.”
Citing a so-called “production insider,” the webloid claims McCarthy “has proven to be even more unpopular with viewers than the polarizing Elisabeth Hasselbeck,” whom McCarthy replaced in September.
“ABC has begun doing deep research on Jenny’s work on the show and the initial findings are that viewers want to tune out the second she opens her mouth,” the supposed source tells RadarOnline.
The outlet’s snitch notes that while boss Barbara Walters “isn’t looking for a replacement for Jenny yet, she is obsessed with ratings and the longevity of the show, so Jenny needs to turn it around or she will be gone.”
“Right now they’re just trying to adjust Jenny’s performance on the show so that she comes off as more appealing, but that’s an uphill battle,” claims the RadarOnline “insider.”
What RadarOnline conveniently fails to mention is that McCarthy guest-hosted the show countless times before she joined as a regular panelist, and that research and focus groups no doubt took place before her contract was signed.
Of course, logic is often a problem for the webloid.
In any case, an ABC spokesperson tells Gossip Cop exclusively that there’s “no truth to this story.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents