Jennifer Lopez Files $20 Million Extortion Lawsuit Against Former Driver
8:36 pm, August 7th, 2012
The singer has filed a $20 million extortion lawsuit against Hakob Manoukian, alleging he demanded $2.8 million from her — or else he would leak supposed secrets about Lopez to the media and law enforcement.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Manoukian claimed earlier this year that he was unfairly fired — in breach of his contract — after being demoted and having several run-ins with Lopez’s manager Benny Medina, who was also named in the suit.
But in her countersuit, Lopez says Manoukian’s role was diminished after he inappropriately tried to take over control of her security team and obtain a higher salary.
That’s when, Lopez claims, Manoukian allegedly threatened to go to the media and to the authorities with sensitive information if he was not paid the $2.8 million, reports TMZ.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Lopez for comment.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents