Jennifer Lopez Files $20 Million Extortion Lawsuit Against Former Driver
8:36 pm, August 7th, 2012
The singer has filed a $20 million extortion lawsuit against Hakob Manoukian, alleging he demanded $2.8 million from her — or else he would leak supposed secrets about Lopez to the media and law enforcement.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Manoukian claimed earlier this year that he was unfairly fired — in breach of his contract — after being demoted and having several run-ins with Lopez’s manager Benny Medina, who was also named in the suit.
But in her countersuit, Lopez says Manoukian’s role was diminished after he inappropriately tried to take over control of her security team and obtain a higher salary.
That’s when, Lopez claims, Manoukian allegedly threatened to go to the media and to the authorities with sensitive information if he was not paid the $2.8 million, reports TMZ.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Lopez for comment.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted