Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Marc Anthony Split in Vanity Fair Cover Story
1:58 am, August 2nd, 2011
The “American Idol” judge tells the September issue of the magazine, “I really worked hard at [the marriage]. We both did.”
Still, she acknowledges, “Sometimes it doesn’t work — and that’s sad.
Nevertheless, says Lopez, “I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love… It’s still my biggest dream. I am positive — determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong.”
The singer-actress, who also touches on exes Diddy and Ben Affleck in the article, adds, “I’m a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love,” but explains, “It’s not that I didn’t love myself before. Sometimes we don’t realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself — if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now.”
Lopez tells Vanity Fair, “I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer… We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic — and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children.”
The issue hits newsstands later this week.
Will you be picking up a copy of Lopez’s interview?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- 11 Celebrities Who Are Aging Backwards
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever