Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler Left American Idol When Deadline Passed on Salary Talks
6:26 pm, July 13th, 2012
The back-to-back departures of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez from “American Idol” within 24 hours was no coincidence, as FOX had established Thursday as the deadline for deals to be reached with the two judges, Gossip Cop has learned.
It appears that money may have been the stumbling block.
The Wrap is reporting that Lopez was dropped by FOX after asking for her salary to be raised to $17 million from a reported $15 million.
While that specific salary bump request has not been confirmed, Gossip Cop has learned from sources close to the situation that Thursday was considered a deadline for Lopez and Tyler to agree to financial terms with the network.
Tyler stressed his Aerosmith commitments in explaining the decision to leave, while Lopez also emphasized the demands “Idol” made on an already packed schedule.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting