Jennifer Lopez And Harry Connick Jr. React To American Idol Cancellation

Truth rating: 10
jennifer lopez harry connick jr american idol canceled

By Michael Lewittes

jennifer lopez harry connick jr american idol canceled

(Getty Images)

Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. are feeling “bittersweet” about the cancellation of “American Idol.” As Gossip Cop reported, Fox announced on Monday the singing competition show will be ending next year after its 15th season. Now the two singers are sharing their reactions to the news.

“I have not come to terms with [it] yet,” Lopez told People backstage after Tuesday’s show. “I might not… I’m glad that we get to have a farewell season, if that is the case and it will be over next year.” Lopez joined “American Idol” in season 10, filling the role of the soft-hearted female judge originally held by Paula Abdul. She then left the show, only to return in season 12.

Harry Connick, Jr. tried to remain positive after news broke about the show being canceled. “As bittersweet as it is,” he said, “I really feel that I’m a part of something on a smaller level for me that is unforgettable.” Connick mentioned that even before being asked to be a judge, he was a fan of the show, so he was “thrilled” by the opportunity to be a part of it. “I felt like I was a part of something truly phenomenal and historic,” added Connick.

After serving as a mentor for two seasons, Connick joined the judges’ table in season 13. As Gossip Cop previously reported, “American Idol” will have it’s 15th and final season in 2016. Are you sad “American Idol” is ending?

Enter your email address here to receive daily news updates from us.


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. The Mary Sue