Jennifer Lopez: I “Never” Ordered Maid Fired Over Alleged Autograph Request
9:35 am, November 7th, 2012
Jennifer Lopez is flatly denying she ordered a hotel worker to be fired for requesting an autograph.
On Tuesday, sites like RadarOnline picked up a story from the German tabloid Bild, which claims a maid named Pray Dodaj was fired from the luxury hotel Melia Duesseldorf after asking the singer for an autograph.
“I am an incredibly big fan so I took all my courage and rang the bell to get an autograph,” Dodaj is quoted as saying, going on to allege that she was “rejected by two assistants at the door.”
The next day, Dodaj claims she was fired for making the request.
“The cleaning company that employed me at the hotel called and said that Ms. Lopez had complained,” she reportedly told the paper. “I was fired right there on the phone! Because of an autograph!”
But Lopez is insisting on Twitter that she had nothing to do with getting Dodaj fired.
She tweeted Tuesday night, “C’mon thought you knew me better than this.. Would never get anyone fired over an autograph.”
“1st I heard of this was on twitter. #hurtful,” she added.
And that’s not all.
Gossip Cop has learned that Dodaj was NOT fired, but simply transferred to another hotel by her cleaning service.
Furthermore, contrary to her claims, she entered Lopez’s hotel room unannounced — and it was the singer’s personal security who contacted hotel personnel, being understandably concerned that a stranger was entering a private room at an odd hour.
Oh, and Lopez wasn’t even staying at the Melia Duesseldorf hotel as RadarOnline and Bild claimed, but rather at the Breidenbacher Hof hotel.
In a statement to Gossip Cop, the hotel says, “Mrs. Dodaj did not at any time have direct or personal contact with Jennifer Lopez.”
“At no time, either Mrs. Lopez personally, or her staff, or the Hotel, asked for the termination” of Dodaj.
Perhaps some outlets should hire a cleaning service — for their sloppy reporting.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?