Jennifer Lopez $20 Million Extortion Lawsuit Against Former Driver Thrown Out
12:32 pm, December 26th, 2012
Jennifer Lopez’s $20 million extortion lawsuit against a former driver has been dismissed.
A judge has sided with attorneys for Hakob Manoukian, Lopez’s onetime chauffeur, who started the legal war by suing the star for wrongful termination and breach of contract, claiming he’d been forced out of the job after Lopez’s manager Benny Medina berated him in public and stripped him of certain responsibilities.
Lopez countersued, alleging that Manoukian had demanded she pay him $2.8 million or he’d go public with sensitive private information about the performer.
Manoukian’s legal team filed a motion to dimiss Lopez’s countersuit, arguing that she was trying to punish him with baseless allegations in response to his employment lawsuit.
A judge has now agreed with the former driver and ruled in his favor.
Manoukian’s original lawsuit against Lopez is pending.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Miley Severed Justin & Selena's Relationship
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Measuring Rihanna's Success (By Volume)
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Jessica Simpson's BIG Baby Bump
- Miley in a Moustache