Jennifer Lopez $20 Million Extortion Lawsuit Against Former Driver Thrown Out
12:32 pm, December 26th, 2012
Jennifer Lopez’s $20 million extortion lawsuit against a former driver has been dismissed.
A judge has sided with attorneys for Hakob Manoukian, Lopez’s onetime chauffeur, who started the legal war by suing the star for wrongful termination and breach of contract, claiming he’d been forced out of the job after Lopez’s manager Benny Medina berated him in public and stripped him of certain responsibilities.
Lopez countersued, alleging that Manoukian had demanded she pay him $2.8 million or he’d go public with sensitive private information about the performer.
Manoukian’s legal team filed a motion to dimiss Lopez’s countersuit, arguing that she was trying to punish him with baseless allegations in response to his employment lawsuit.
A judge has now agreed with the former driver and ruled in his favor.
Manoukian’s original lawsuit against Lopez is pending.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank