Jennifer Lawrence Jokes About Mom Embarrassing Her: ‘She’s Like Dina Lohan!’
11:44 am, September 14th, 2012PHOTO
In the October issue of W magazine, the actress talks about her experiences at the Oscars, saying she felt like a “loser” at the awards parties, and that her mom embarrassed her on the red carpet.
Lawrence recalls, “My mom talked about Hunger Games on the red carpet at the Academy Awards, which was something I had told her a million times not to do,” joking, “She’s like Dina Lohan! — but she has good taste.”
The 22-year-old Oscar nominee also opened up about the strangeness of such sudden fame which she experienced due to the hugely popular Hunger Games franchise, saying the awards season is “kind of bizarre thing.”
She explains, “All of a sudden you’re at these parties and everybody’s famous, and you feel like a loser. By the time of the actual Oscars, I was so sick of fittings and trains and corsets and people asking ‘What are you going to wear?’”
“I had to go on a diet, because at all the parties there’s champagne and hors d’oeuvres. I ate so much!” admits Lawrence, revealing, “I think I wore two Spanx on the night of the awards.”
The October issue of W hits newsstands mid-month.
Do you find Lawrence’s candidness refreshing in Hollywood?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress