Jennifer Lawrence Jokes About Mom Embarrassing Her: ‘She’s Like Dina Lohan!’
11:44 am, September 14th, 2012PHOTO
In the October issue of W magazine, the actress talks about her experiences at the Oscars, saying she felt like a “loser” at the awards parties, and that her mom embarrassed her on the red carpet.
Lawrence recalls, “My mom talked about Hunger Games on the red carpet at the Academy Awards, which was something I had told her a million times not to do,” joking, “She’s like Dina Lohan! — but she has good taste.”
The 22-year-old Oscar nominee also opened up about the strangeness of such sudden fame which she experienced due to the hugely popular Hunger Games franchise, saying the awards season is “kind of bizarre thing.”
She explains, “All of a sudden you’re at these parties and everybody’s famous, and you feel like a loser. By the time of the actual Oscars, I was so sick of fittings and trains and corsets and people asking ‘What are you going to wear?’”
“I had to go on a diet, because at all the parties there’s champagne and hors d’oeuvres. I ate so much!” admits Lawrence, revealing, “I think I wore two Spanx on the night of the awards.”
The October issue of W hits newsstands mid-month.
Do you find Lawrence’s candidness refreshing in Hollywood?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Best & Worst Beach Bods of 2012
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Bill O'Reilly Diagnoses Obama's 'Personality'
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White