Jennifer Lawrence Jokes About Mom Embarrassing Her: ‘She’s Like Dina Lohan!’
11:44 am, September 14th, 2012PHOTO
In the October issue of W magazine, the actress talks about her experiences at the Oscars, saying she felt like a “loser” at the awards parties, and that her mom embarrassed her on the red carpet.
Lawrence recalls, “My mom talked about Hunger Games on the red carpet at the Academy Awards, which was something I had told her a million times not to do,” joking, “She’s like Dina Lohan! — but she has good taste.”
The 22-year-old Oscar nominee also opened up about the strangeness of such sudden fame which she experienced due to the hugely popular Hunger Games franchise, saying the awards season is “kind of bizarre thing.”
She explains, “All of a sudden you’re at these parties and everybody’s famous, and you feel like a loser. By the time of the actual Oscars, I was so sick of fittings and trains and corsets and people asking ‘What are you going to wear?’”
“I had to go on a diet, because at all the parties there’s champagne and hors d’oeuvres. I ate so much!” admits Lawrence, revealing, “I think I wore two Spanx on the night of the awards.”
The October issue of W hits newsstands mid-month.
Do you find Lawrence’s candidness refreshing in Hollywood?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents