Jennifer Lawrence Calls Acting “Stupid,” Almost Used Bow & Arrows For Defense
1:23 pm, January 2nd, 2013
The most desired woman in the world touches on a variety of subjects — taking a shot at Hollywood hype in the process.
“Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid,” says Lawrence. “Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.”
That’s not to say Lawrence doesn’t get star struck.
“Once I’m obsessed with somebody, I’m terrified of them instantly. I’m not scared of them—I’m scared of me and how I will react,” explains the Silver Linings Playbook actress.
Lawrence shares a funny story about seeing Meryl Streep walk into a room right after she had been introduced to Bill Maher.
“I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher’s face and said, ‘Not now, Bill!,’ and I just stared at Meryl Streep,” recalls Lawrence, who admits that she didn’t actually meet the iconic actress.
“I just creepily stared at her,” explains Lawrence.
The Hunger Games star, who owns a bow and arrows after her archery training, once nearly put them to use for self-defense.
“I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house,” says Lawrence. “And I was like, ‘I’m not letting them take my stuff. I had just gotten back from training, so I had the bow and arrows in the back of my car.”
She continues, “I went to my car and I put this quiver on me and I had my bow and I loaded it and I’m walking up the stairs. And I look, and my patio doors were open, and there were guys working right there, and I was like, ‘Heyyy, how you doin’?'”
Lawrence’s friends were disappointed that the “intruders” turned out to be house workers.
“They were like, ‘We’ve got to stage someone to break into your house and you can kill them!’ That would be the funniest news ever. Katniss Everdeen actually kills someone with a bow and arrow!” she says.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank