Jennifer Lawrence: Kardashian Shows Are Like ‘The Hunger Games’
3:31 pm, March 14th, 2012
Jennifer Lawrence is the latest actor to offer her opinions on the Kardashian family, but unlike Daniel Craig and Jon Hamm, she takes issue with something broader than just the frivolous antics of the reality stars.
In an interview with Parade, The Hunger Games heroine points out that it’s the nature of reality TV shows like “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” which invite the audience into the stars’ personal lives, and the public’s fascination with them that’s the larger problem with our culture today.
Lawrence tells the mag, “I was watching the Kardashian girl [Kim] getting divorced, and that’s a tragedy for anyone. But they’re using it for entertainment, and we’re watching it.”
The actress says The Hunger Games, which is about a society that forces children to fight-to-the-death in a televised event for the public’s viewing pleasure, ”hold[s] up a terrible kind of mirror: This is what our society could be like if we became desensitized to trauma and to each other’s pain.”
Gossip Cop thinks Lawrence’s observation is very astute.
What do you think about her comparison between The Hunger Games and the Kardashian reality shows?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Kelly Osbourne's Super Smart Weight Loss Secret
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Vinny Guadagnino: My Mom Is a Star
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Remember When: Amanda Bynes, What Happened?