Jennifer Lawrence on Being Asked to Gain Weight for Movie: “Hell Yeah!”
10:59 am, November 12th, 2012
The 22-year-old actress, who has compared her mom to Dina Lohan and called herself “obese” by showbiz standards, is characteristically frank in an interview with the New York Times about her upcoming movie, Silver Linings Playbook.
Lawrence tells the paper that director David O. Russell asked her to gain weight for her role in the film, in which she stars as young, sex-addicted widow alongside Bradley Cooper.
Her response to Russell?
“I was like, ‘Hell yeah!’” she says, noting, “That never happens in a movie.”
Lawrence was less comfortable, however, with the dance number in the movie.
She jokes, “When I dance, I look like I’m a dad at a prom,” adding, “I never grasped my limbs. Ever since puberty I’ve just kind of felt like we don’t understand each other.”
Lawrence, who already has an Oscar nomination under her belt for Winter’s Bone, also talks to the paper about her lack of formal acting training, saying she thinks it actually works in her favor.
She offers, “That’s how I can go about life free as an idiot: because I have no idea what I’m doing.”
Silver Linings Playbook hits theaters on November 21.
What do you think about Lawrence’s self-deprecation and frankness?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted