Jennifer Lawrence in Vogue: “I Was Really Upset” When Hunger Games Came Out
11:57 am, October 8th, 2012
Jennifer Lawrence graces the November cover of British Vogue, where she opens up about life in the glaring spotlight.
The actress confesses, “I was really upset the day that The Hunger Games came out. I was shaking all day wrapped in a blanket.”
She goes on to recount a friend telling her that day, “‘Dude, have you seen what they’ve done to Britney Spears,’” referring to the media shots at the pop star.
As her fan base continues to grow, though, the movie star says, “There’s a responsibility I’m aware of.”
“In one sense, luckily, it comes naturally because I don’t stay out beyond midnight,” she says. “I don’t really have an exciting life.”
“It’s funny, my friends were joking about how I was so not the person who’s in charge of taking turns to go in the hot tub. I just appear that way,” she adds.
With her rising fame, Lawrence admits there’s pressure to look a certain way — namely like the stick-figure “lollipops” that Hollywood is often known for.
“Oh God, yes, I’m so tired of the lollipops,” she laments, adding, “I mean, if I looked like that I wouldn’t be tired of it, obviously. But it’s hilarious, the way I’m supposedly the overweight one?”
She continues, “Like, they got me at the movies yesterday and the caption read something like ‘Curvy star cannot wait to dig into tub of popcorn.’ I mean, C’mon!”
“I’m just a normal girl who likes to eat,” she says.
But retaining her privacy has become difficult for Lawrence.
“You watch these little freedoms being eroded away, like being able to pump gas in peace or whatever,” she explains, “but it’s here, and it comes and goes and leaves.”
Going on to credit her parents with instilling a solid “work ethic” in her, Lawrence acknowledges that, at the end of the day, “what this is is a job.”
“And that’s what I’m doing, hopefully, my job,” she tells the magazine. “As far as jobs go, I’d say I was pretty lucky.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?