Jennifer Lawrence Beats Miley Cyrus by One Vote, Named AP Entertainer of the Year
9:56 am, December 23rd, 2013
Jennifer Lawrence has beaten Miley Cyrus by one vote to be named the Associated Press Entertainer of the Year.
70 ballots were submitted by editors and news directors across the country, with voters asked to pick the person or entity that had the “most influence” on entertainment and culture in 2013.
Lawrence, who followed up her Oscar victory with turns in critical hit American Hustle and super-blockbuster The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, received 15 votes to edge Cyrus’ 14, while online content giant Netflix placed third.
“Breaking Bad” and Justin Timberlake also finished in the top five.
Recent winners have included Adele, Lady Gaga, Tina Fey and Taylor Swift.
Do you agree with the choice of Lawrence?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court