Jennifer Hudson Opens Her Own Weight Watchers Center in Hometown Chicago
2:39 pm, September 27th, 2011
Jennifer Hudson lost 80 pounds earlier this year, and now she’s helping others get fit as well.
The Dreamgirls Oscar winner opened the Weight Watchers Jennifer Hudson Center in the Hyde Park section of Chicago on Tuesday.
Weight Watchers will donate portions of the location’s proceeds to the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, which raises funds for children in honor of Hudson’s nephew, who was killed in 2008.
It marks the first time the company has put one of its brand ambassadors’ names on a branch.
“This new Center honors Jennifer’s commitment, and we hope, demonstrates how dedicated we are to her as our partner,” said Weight Watchers North America president Dave Burwick. “We hope that this will be the first of many centers in neighborhoods where obesity is as critical as it is in Hyde Park and Weight Watchers can continue to make an impact.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank