Jennifer Hudson Opens Her Own Weight Watchers Center in Hometown Chicago
2:39 pm, September 27th, 2011
Jennifer Hudson lost 80 pounds earlier this year, and now she’s helping others get fit as well.
The Dreamgirls Oscar winner opened the Weight Watchers Jennifer Hudson Center in the Hyde Park section of Chicago on Tuesday.
Weight Watchers will donate portions of the location’s proceeds to the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, which raises funds for children in honor of Hudson’s nephew, who was killed in 2008.
It marks the first time the company has put one of its brand ambassadors’ names on a branch.
“This new Center honors Jennifer’s commitment, and we hope, demonstrates how dedicated we are to her as our partner,” said Weight Watchers North America president Dave Burwick. “We hope that this will be the first of many centers in neighborhoods where obesity is as critical as it is in Hyde Park and Weight Watchers can continue to make an impact.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party