Jennifer Hudson Joining Smash
7:26 pm, June 22nd, 2012
Katherine McPhee won’t be the only “American Idol” alum on “Smash” anymore.
Jennifer Hudson is joining the NBC show in a recurring role for its second season, it was announced Friday.
The singer, who won an Oscar for her role in the 2006 movie Dreamgirls, will play Veronica Moore, a Tony-winning actress.
“We’re thrilled to have Jennifer Hudson coming to ‘Smash,’” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement.
He continued, “This series is a showcase for some of the best musical talent in the business and that’s a fitting description for Jennifer Hudson. Her character will represent someone who reached their Broadway dream but also paid a price for it.”
Executive producer Stephen Spielberg, who worked with Hudson on Dreamgirls, added, “I have no doubt Jennifer will continue to deliver even more inspiration to the audience responsible for giving us a second season on NBC.”
What do you think of Hudson joining the show?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo