VIDEO: Jennifer Hudson Breaks Down, Cries During Do Something Awards Speech
9:02 am, August 1st, 2013VIDEO
Jennifer Hudson broke down in tears while accepting an accolade born from tragedy at Wednesday’s Do Something Awards.
The singer was honored for creating Hatch Day, where low-income, inner-city children are given school supplies ranging from crayons to USB drives.
The event was inspired by the Oscar and Grammy winner’s late nephew, Julian, and run through the Julian D. King Gift Foundation.
In 2008, the young boy was tragically murdered, along with Hudson’s mother and brother, by her sister’s estranged husband.
Julian himself actually created the idea behind the outreach event, in hopes of “hatching” the dreams of children like him.
The singer became emotional while watching the video package detailing her efforts, and then let the tears openly flow as she choked out an acceptance speech.
Check out the moving video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet