VIDEO: Jennifer Hudson Breaks Down, Cries During Do Something Awards Speech
9:02 am, August 1st, 2013VIDEO
Jennifer Hudson broke down in tears while accepting an accolade born from tragedy at Wednesday’s Do Something Awards.
The singer was honored for creating Hatch Day, where low-income, inner-city children are given school supplies ranging from crayons to USB drives.
The event was inspired by the Oscar and Grammy winner’s late nephew, Julian, and run through the Julian D. King Gift Foundation.
In 2008, the young boy was tragically murdered, along with Hudson’s mother and brother, by her sister’s estranged husband.
Julian himself actually created the idea behind the outreach event, in hopes of “hatching” the dreams of children like him.
The singer became emotional while watching the video package detailing her efforts, and then let the tears openly flow as she choked out an acceptance speech.
Check out the moving video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?