VIDEO: Jennifer Hudson Breaks Down, Cries During Do Something Awards Speech
9:02 am, August 1st, 2013VIDEO
Jennifer Hudson broke down in tears while accepting an accolade born from tragedy at Wednesday’s Do Something Awards.
The singer was honored for creating Hatch Day, where low-income, inner-city children are given school supplies ranging from crayons to USB drives.
The event was inspired by the Oscar and Grammy winner’s late nephew, Julian, and run through the Julian D. King Gift Foundation.
In 2008, the young boy was tragically murdered, along with Hudson’s mother and brother, by her sister’s estranged husband.
Julian himself actually created the idea behind the outreach event, in hopes of “hatching” the dreams of children like him.
The singer became emotional while watching the video package detailing her efforts, and then let the tears openly flow as she choked out an acceptance speech.
Check out the moving video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin