Jennifer Hudson in Talks to Join American Idol as Judge: Reports
8:51 pm, May 23rd, 2013
Jennifer Hudson may be returning to “American Idol” — as a judge.
The Oscar and Grammy winner — who was shockingly voted off in seventh place during season 3 — is reportedly in talks to join the music competition for its next season.
FOX is said to be revamping the show for its 13th year, including its judges panel.
Randy Jackson has already announced his exit, and Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, and Keith Urban are not expected to return, either.
Hudson would be the first alum of the series to serve as a judge.
Earlier reports also floated season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson and season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert as possible judges, but both stars have since distanced themselves from the claims.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Hudson, but has yet to hear back.
FOX had no comment.
Would you like to see Hudson — or other “Idol” alumni — as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves