Jennifer Hudson in Talks to Join American Idol as Judge: Reports
8:51 pm, May 23rd, 2013
Jennifer Hudson may be returning to “American Idol” — as a judge.
The Oscar and Grammy winner — who was shockingly voted off in seventh place during season 3 — is reportedly in talks to join the music competition for its next season.
FOX is said to be revamping the show for its 13th year, including its judges panel.
Randy Jackson has already announced his exit, and Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, and Keith Urban are not expected to return, either.
Hudson would be the first alum of the series to serve as a judge.
Earlier reports also floated season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson and season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert as possible judges, but both stars have since distanced themselves from the claims.
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Hudson, but has yet to hear back.
FOX had no comment.
Would you like to see Hudson — or other “Idol” alumni — as a judge?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank