Jennifer Garner Says Ben Affleck Oscars Speech Meant As “Hugest” Compliment
12:48 pm, April 2nd, 2013
In the speech (video below), Affleck emotionally thanked Garner for “working on our marriage for 10 Christmases” saying, “It’s good. It is work but the best kind of work and there’s no one I’d rather work with.”
Gossip magazines immediately latched on to the “work” aspect, using it as a supposed indication that the couple was having marriage trouble.
Now, Garner is clarifying that misconception, telling the paper she was amazed by how some outlets interpreted the speech, and even “had a friend call and say, ‘Are you OK?’”
The Odd Life of Timothy Green star explains, “I know Ben, I knew he meant it as the hugest, warmest compliment in the world.”
“I think he was saying, ‘Look, what we have is really real and I value it above all and I’m in it with you and I know you are in it with me.’ That’s the way I took it,” reveals Garner.
As for how the media misconstrued Affleck’s words, the mom of three laments, “Poor guy. It’s so horrible to put yourself out there – he didn’t have to worry about it from my point of view.”
You can read Garner’s full in-depth interview, where she talks paparazzi, Affleck wanting a fourth child, and much more, on The Telegraph.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank