Jennifer Esposito on “Illegal” Blue Bloods Dismissal: “It Makes Me Sick”
5:57 pm, November 17th, 2012VIDEO
Jennifer Esposito says she’s essentially been shut out of work in the wake of her messy dismissal from “Blue Bloods,” after the police drama’s producers wrote off her character when Esposito was briefly sidelined by medical issues.
Last month, the actress blasted CBS for its “shameful behavior” in dropping her from the series following an August incident in which she collapsed on set and had to take medical leave for circumstances related to her Celiac disease.
Esposito, who played police detective Jackie Curatola on the cop show, claims she was ready and eager to come back to work — only to discover she’d been replaced.
In a new interview with “FOX Files,” Esposito alleges that she’s now in employment limbo.
“Last week I was told I was on suspension, which meant I am still in contract, not being paid,” she’s quoted as saying. “It’s completely illegal, but they also knew that I didn’t have the money or the means to sue them.”
Esposito says, ”I have been in the business for 20 years. There has been so many [types] of injustice in this business, but it’s what you sign up for; it is what it is. This, though, is something that is not about me. This is about a disease that people don’t understand. What happened was ugliness. It makes me sick.”
Check out a preview of her interview below.
The full “FOX Files” profile airs on Sunday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank