Reports wrong about Jennifer Aniston in “Scream 4”
11:06 am, June 3rd, 2010
“Jennifer Aniston to Get Killed Off in Scream 4,” screams a headline from Hollyscoop, which claims an “exclusive.”
The site, whose last big “exclusive” erroneously linked Matt Lauer to a transexual named “Alexis Houston,” now writes, “Get ready to see Jennifer Aniston scare the daylights out of you! That’s right, we hear a rumor that she’s going to be a part of Scream 4.”
Hollyscoop then adds, “According to Star, Jen is rumored to be joining her friend Courteney Cox for the film. An insider told the mag, ‘Jen will play a woman who’s killed off in the opening sequence, a trademark of the franchise — as a favor to BFF and Scream actress Courteney. The role will be similar to Drew Barrymore‘s killer part in the first film.’”
How is this an “exclusive” if Hollyscoop acknowledges they’ve only heard “a rumor” and it’s all “according to Star”?
The site, which has admitted it posts inaccurate info just to get hits, then notes that at a recent event they asked Cox “if she could tell us anything about Scream 4, and Cox told Hollyscoop exclusively, ‘Nothing. If I told you one thing I would actually be killed right here on the spot.’”
So their “exclusive” is that Cox told them “Nothing”?
As if Hollyscoop hadn’t already embarrassed itself with its shoddy reporting, the fact of the matter is that Aniston will NOT be killed off in Scream 4.
A rep for Aniston confirmed to Gossip Cop that the Hollyscoop and Star stories are “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement