Jennifer Aniston Uses Word “Retard,” Comes Under Fire
4:10 pm, August 19th, 2010POLL
Jennifer Aniston has sparked controversy by using the word “retard” during a “Live with Regis and Kelly” interview on Thursday.
When Regis Philbin told the actress, “You’re playing dress up,” in reference to the recent photo layout in which she mimics Barbra Streisand, Aniston responded, “Yes, I play dress up! I do it for a living, like a retard!”
The star’s insensitive slip was met with strong criticism from viewers and advocacy groups. While Aniston didn’t use the word with any malice, it obviously crossed the line of good taste.
Many people think Aniston owes an apology for her remark, while others believe she should get a pass for being careless.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties