Jennifer Aniston Uses Word “Retard,” Comes Under Fire
4:10 pm, August 19th, 2010POLL
Jennifer Aniston has sparked controversy by using the word “retard” during a “Live with Regis and Kelly” interview on Thursday.
When Regis Philbin told the actress, “You’re playing dress up,” in reference to the recent photo layout in which she mimics Barbra Streisand, Aniston responded, “Yes, I play dress up! I do it for a living, like a retard!”
The star’s insensitive slip was met with strong criticism from viewers and advocacy groups. While Aniston didn’t use the word with any malice, it obviously crossed the line of good taste.
Many people think Aniston owes an apology for her remark, while others believe she should get a pass for being careless.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting