Jennifer Aniston’s “Cancer Drama!” is Just Tabloid Scare Tactic
2:49 pm, April 9th, 2011
“Jennifer Aniston Cancer Drama!” screams the headline of a misleading National Enquirer story that promises to reveal the “shocking reason” behind her decision to direct a movie about the disease.
Apparently, the Enquirer didn’t think that was sufficiently newsworthy, because the tabloid opts to use the sensitive topic to cook up some phony alarm.
By calling the reason behind Aniston’s Project Five involvement “shocking” and then writing about the actress’ “terrifying breast cancer nightmare,” the clear implication is that Aniston herself has the disease.
She does not.
It turns out the not-so-shocking reason for Aniston’s interest in the topic is that her friends Sheryl Crow and Christina Applegate both dealt with breast cancer, and their diagnoses brought the disease into Aniston’s life.
Crow and Applegate were very public about their health struggles, and, fortunately, the two women are now healthy.
That’s the good news.
The bad news is the Enquirer feeling compelled to spin Aniston’s admirable work on behalf of her friends and others as the result of some “shocking” scare that never existed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Lily Aldridge's Beach Bag Must-Haves
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?