Jenni Rivera Plane Crashes in Mexico; Official Says “No Survivors,” 7 Dead
3:34 pm, December 9th, 2012VIDEO
Jenni Rivera’s plane crashed in Mexico on Sunday morning, setting off an hours-long search for the remains.
Mexican officials now say they’ve found the wreckage of what they believe was the 43-year-old singer’s plane, and there were “no survivors.”
Rivera, who performed in Monterrey on Saturday night (footage below), took off from the northern Mexican city with two pilots and four other passengers at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning, but traffic controllers lost contact with the jet about 10 minutes later.
The flight was bound for Toluca, outside of Mexico City, but was found near the town of Iturbide in Sierra Madre.
“There is nothing recognizable, neither material nor human [in the wreckage],” Transportation and Communications Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza told Televisa on Sunday afternoon.
He added that the debris is “scattered over an area of 250 to 300 meters. It is almost unrecognizable.”
The other passengers reported to be on board with Rivera, and also presumed dead, were the star’s publicist Arturo Rivera, lawyer and makeup artist, as well as a flight crew member.
None of the remains have been identified.
Rivera, a recently-divorced mother of five, has sold 20 million albums worldwide, and was in the midst of taping the third season of her mun2 reality series, “I Love Jenni.”
Last week, it was announced Rivera — who was born and raised in Long Beach, Calif. — had signed a deal with ABC to star in her own comedy pilot about a single Latina mother running a family business.
Rivera, also a grandmother of two, is the sister of Mexican singer Lupillo Rivera.
Gossip Cop will update as soon as there’s more information about the Mexican-American singer’s fateful flight.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents