Jennette McCurdy’s Mom Dies of Cancer
11:28 am, September 21st, 2013
Jennette McCurdy has suffered a major loss — her mother Debra died on Friday following a long battle with cancer.
In a statement, her rep says, “Jennette has suffered an unimaginable loss. Please respect her and her family’s privacy at this time of mourning. She appreciates the love and support of her fans.”
The “iCarly” and “Sam & Cat” actress had been scheduled to host Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play on Saturday.
Debra McCurdy was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1995 and survived, only to have the disease return throughout her body in 2010.
The younger McCurdy wrote about her mother’s struggle for the Wall Street Journal in 2011.
At the time she said, “If you’re reading this and you were one of those people who thought, ‘young actors have perfect lives,’ I hope that you will think differently now.”
“We do have challenges. We do cry. We are experiencing difficult things,” wrote McCurdy. “But we will continue to smile and crack jokes because, as entertainers, even if we’re privately struggling with painful trials, our job is to make others forget theirs.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss