Jennette McCurdy’s Mom Dies of Cancer
11:28 am, September 21st, 2013
Jennette McCurdy has suffered a major loss — her mother Debra died on Friday following a long battle with cancer.
In a statement, her rep says, “Jennette has suffered an unimaginable loss. Please respect her and her family’s privacy at this time of mourning. She appreciates the love and support of her fans.”
The “iCarly” and “Sam & Cat” actress had been scheduled to host Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play on Saturday.
Debra McCurdy was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1995 and survived, only to have the disease return throughout her body in 2010.
The younger McCurdy wrote about her mother’s struggle for the Wall Street Journal in 2011.
At the time she said, “If you’re reading this and you were one of those people who thought, ‘young actors have perfect lives,’ I hope that you will think differently now.”
“We do have challenges. We do cry. We are experiencing difficult things,” wrote McCurdy. “But we will continue to smile and crack jokes because, as entertainers, even if we’re privately struggling with painful trials, our job is to make others forget theirs.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95