Jennette McCurdy’s Mom Dies of Cancer
11:28 am, September 21st, 2013
Jennette McCurdy has suffered a major loss — her mother Debra died on Friday following a long battle with cancer.
In a statement, her rep says, “Jennette has suffered an unimaginable loss. Please respect her and her family’s privacy at this time of mourning. She appreciates the love and support of her fans.”
The “iCarly” and “Sam & Cat” actress had been scheduled to host Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play on Saturday.
Debra McCurdy was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1995 and survived, only to have the disease return throughout her body in 2010.
The younger McCurdy wrote about her mother’s struggle for the Wall Street Journal in 2011.
At the time she said, “If you’re reading this and you were one of those people who thought, ‘young actors have perfect lives,’ I hope that you will think differently now.”
“We do have challenges. We do cry. We are experiencing difficult things,” wrote McCurdy. “But we will continue to smile and crack jokes because, as entertainers, even if we’re privately struggling with painful trials, our job is to make others forget theirs.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z