Jeffrey Gutt, “The One That Got Away,” Makes “Sensational” Return to X Factor
10:15 pm, September 18th, 2013VIDEO
As Gossip Cop reported at the time, the contestant had the “most brilliant audition” with his rendition of “Hallelujah,” only to get sent home in the next round.
Now back to give it one more shot before giving up his dreams of a music career forever, Gutt didn’t get off the on right start as he took on Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing,” with Cowell disliking it so much, he stopped the performance.
But given another chance, the single dad sang “Creep” by Radiohead – and slayed it.
Demi Lovato gave Gutt a standing ovation before he was even finished, telling him afterward, “The great thing about rock and roll is you don’t need cute, pretty, young whatever to sell albums. It’s talent, and you have that, and it’s missing in the market.”
“And I believe that timing is everything,” continued Lovato. “You weren’t supposed to be here last year. You’re supposed to here now.”
Paulina Rubio told him, “Just the fact that you came back and you love what you do and you love your son, and I’m the only mom on this panel, and I just completely understand where you are coming from, so I admire you for that.”
Kelly Rowland agreed, saying, “I’m so happy you came back. You are really incredible. This is what you’re supposed to be doing.”
Cowell pointed out that Gutt has “picked up some bad [singing] habits” over the years, but went on to note, “When you hit the high part of the song at the end, it was sensational.”
“This is why we don’t have an age limit on the show, Jeff, to find people like you. I am honored to have you back,” continued the veteran judge, adding, “You are the one that got away last year. You’re not getting away this year.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court