REP: Jeff Conaway is Brain Dead
3:20 pm, May 26th, 2011
Jeff Conaway is brain dead, the actor’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop.
And while the family says it “will not have a statement at this time” about reports claiming Conaway will be taken off life support in the near future, an insider tells Gossip Cop that since there’s no brain function — and nothing has changed over the past 48 hours — it’s likely his breathing tube will be removed.
The “Taxi” and Grease star was hospitalized earlier this month after what’s been described as a drug overdose.
Conaway has been in a coma since then.
In 2008, Conaway appeared on “Celebrity Rehab,” where he was treated for addictions to cocaine, alcohol and painkillers.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting