REP: Jeff Conaway is Brain Dead
3:20 pm, May 26th, 2011
Jeff Conaway is brain dead, the actor’s rep confirms to Gossip Cop.
And while the family says it “will not have a statement at this time” about reports claiming Conaway will be taken off life support in the near future, an insider tells Gossip Cop that since there’s no brain function — and nothing has changed over the past 48 hours — it’s likely his breathing tube will be removed.
The “Taxi” and Grease star was hospitalized earlier this month after what’s been described as a drug overdose.
Conaway has been in a coma since then.
In 2008, Conaway appeared on “Celebrity Rehab,” where he was treated for addictions to cocaine, alcohol and painkillers.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank