Amy Winehouse’s Dad Rips Jean Paul Gaultier’s Fashion “Tribute” (PHOTOS)
10:51 am, January 27th, 2012PHOTOS
At the Paris Fashion Week show, Gaultier models walked the runway sporting beehive-style hair, excessive eyeliner and clothing similar to what Winehouse used to wear.
VIDEO and PHOTOS BELOW
The designer called the show a “tribute” to the late British songstress, but Winehouse’s dad had a different take.
“We don’t support the Jean Paul Galtier collection,” Winehouse’s father Mitch said on Twitter Thursday. “It’s in bad taste.”
Mitch further told The Sun, “To see her image lifted wholesale to sell clothes was a wrench we were not expecting or consulted on.”
“We’re proud of her influence on fashion but find black veils on models, smoking cigarettes with a barbershop quartet singing her music in bad taste,” he added.
Mitch emphasized that he was never contacted about Gaultier’s intentions and suggested a donation to the Amy Winehouse Foundation would’ve been appropriate.
“This is purely about Gaultier making money, and that’s wrong,” he told the paper.
Winehouse was found dead in her London apartment on July 23.
Check out video and photos from the event below.
What do you think? Tribute – or tasteless?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Bill O'Reilly Diagnoses Obama's 'Personality'
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Victoria Secret Models' Diet & Workout Secrets Revealed